Positive Reinforcement is key to success. We will find fun and creative ways that will motivate the entire population the get them involved. The level and perception of value will determine the impact the incentive has on participation in the program.
Studies show for example:
- No incentive 2%-10%
- Passive incentive (Hats, T-Shirts, Gym Bags) 15%-25%
- Small item incentive (Pedometers, pins, pens, books) 20%-35%
- Cash incentive ($25 and up) 20%-40%
- Benefit plan improvement 30%-60%
- Benefit plan plus cost reduction 50%-70%
- Combination of benefits and cash 75%-100%
Incentives will be discussed with the Wellness Committee and approved by Senior Management. Keep in mind the participation level required to produce the outcome and provide the appropriate level of incentives.
Each program will have a budget that includes the cost of incentives and ROI.